Since 2011, this 501(c)(3) non-profit organization has led the effort to provide support for the many volunteers in the mountaineering program at Denali National Park
What We've Achieved
- Denali volunteers now arrive for patrol more prepared and better equipped- easing the burden placed on both volunteers and Denali National Park resources
- Gear cache of specialized and expensive high altitude mountaineering equipment now available for volunteers to use during patrol.
- Transportation funds: relieve some of the costs of the required shuttle of volunteers from Anchorage-Talkeetna-Anchorage (2.5 hour drive one way) and of expensive flights in an out of Alaska.
- 2013 Denali Pro Pin award for efforts to support the mountaineering program.
- DRV has assisted Nepali instructors with travel and other costs, ensuring a successful exchange program in Denali National Park and the Khumbu Climbing Center